POWERLINE TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
WESTERN WYOMING COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Boosting Wyoming's Economy with Western Wyoming Community College's Powerline Technology Program
At Western Wyoming Community College, the Powerline Technology program stands out. It’s the only program of its kind in Wyoming, and significantly contributes to Wyoming's economic growth. By opening doors to jobs within the state and beyond, the Powerline Technology program is enhancing the prosperity of local communities.
- Comprehensive Curriculum: The program equips students with a strong foundation in the application and theory of distribution and transmission of electrical power. Graduates are fully prepared to enter the workforce with a high-quality education.
- Real-World Experience: Through fieldwork, students operate digger derrick trucks, set and climb poles, install anchors, and string conductors. These hands-on experiences are essential for preparing students for the demands of the industry.
- Class A CDL Requirement: Graduates obtain a Class A Commercial Driver's License (CDL), enabling them to contribute to the transportation industry and local economies.
- Emphasis on Safety: The focus on safety ensures that graduates can work with high voltage systems in challenging conditions, reducing the risk of accidents and disruptions.
- Adaptability: Graduates are known for their ability to tackle diverse projects in ever-changing conditions and locations, enhancing their value to local employers and the economy.
This program, made possible by the Wyoming Innovation Partnership, actively contributes to the state's economic growth and job development efforts. Graduates are well-prepared to enter the workforce, support local electric utilities and cooperatives, and keep essential services running smoothly.
Are you interested in becoming a part of an industry that not only powers Wyoming’s communities but also fuels the state’s economic success? Learn more or apply at Get Started with Western!